Whilst restrictions have been lifted to enable people to play golf, the golfing world is still not back in a normal place and this includes the competitive side of the game.
In the short term, to create as much time on the tee sheet for all members to get on the course we have cancelled all organised competitions. As time moves on and guidance changes, we will keep looking at this and some competitions may return later in the year.
We are being encouraged to play social matchplay golf as we first open but for those of you with a competitive instinct, we will be creating designated stableford and medal days where, rather than blocking up tee times, you can play using the tee time you have booked at any time that day.
THE OPENING TIMES FOR THESE COMPETITIONS ARE 12 DAYS BEFORE THE COMPETITION DATE SO THAT THEY RUN IN LINE WITH OUR TEE TIME BOOKING SYSTEM
The results will be posted via HowDidIDo with a leader board and the Golf shop will be putting up some prizes. They will be free to enter, so there will be no cost to you as a member.
Please refer below for the current competition dates:
Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th and Sunday 19th.
Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th and Sunday 30th.
Wednesday 23rd, Thursday 24th and Sunday 27th.
Wednesday 21st, Thursday 22nd and Sunday 25th.
Wednesday 25th, Thursday 26th and Sunday 29th.
Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Sunday 9th.
Wednesday 9th, Thursday 10th and Sunday 13th.
Wednesday 7th, Thursday 8th and Sunday 11th.
Wednesday 11th, Thursday 12th and Sunday 15th.
The procedure to get involved with these is very simple:
- You MUST book a suitable tee time for you and your playing partners through the Gaudet Luce App or Website using your Elite Live Account (Refer to the Bookings and Facilities page for more info).
- After booking your tee-time, please head over to How Did I Do to book yourself into the competition at the same time as you are booked for your tee-time.
- Arrive and collect a card from the shop, you mark your own card and place your score in Player A. Please enter your playing partners name into Player D on the card and put their scores in the Markers Column. (If you are playing as more than a 2 ball then organise as if you were swapping cards, just do not swap the cards).
- When marking your card after each hole please ensure that there is verbal confirmation of your scores so that your playing partner can mark their card correctly
- Sign your card, we will not require 2 signatures at this present time while restrictions are in place
- When you have finished, place your card in the white box next to the members’ computer. These cards will then be collected and entered onto the system and posted within a few days – please do not expect the scores to be posted immediately.